Getting In The Christmas Mood


Here are the instructions in case you want to make a couple for gifts
Votive Candle Holder by Lisa M. Pace Supplies Needed: * Blossoms II Chipboard Pieces (5 total) * Making Memories Paint (2 different colors 1- dark and 1 - light) * Crackling Medium * Pattern Paper * Scissors * Liquid Glue * Hot Glue Gun Instructions: 1. Remove die cut flower from center of 5 Blossoms II chipboard pieces 2. Paint front of Blossoms II chipboard with dark colored paint and set aside to dry 3. Cover painted area with Crackling Medium set aside to dry 4. Lightly cover dried crackling medium with light colored paint set aside to dry 5. Glue pattern paper to back of 3 Blossoms II chipboard. 6. Glue photo to back of 2 Blossoms II chipboard pieces. 7. Paint the back of each chipboard piece with dark colored paint. You do not want the back of the pattern paper or photos to be white. 8. Using your glue gun attach 4 finished chipboard pieces to bottom (painted side facing up) chipboard piece. Then hot glue each center area of side chipboard pieces that touch. 9. Fill with crinkled tissue. Place glass votive candle holder in center. Make sure there are no pieces of tissue near flame.
The last idea is an advent calendar that I made using the empty tins and bottle caps.
Make sure you check back on Friday, I will be posting the ornaments that our Design Team has been busy designing.

36 Comments:
Jess, your Advent Calendar is the cutest. Actually, it is the best I have ever seen. I'm gonna have to copy this for next Christmas. Great job and TFS!
Wonderful Advent calendar!!!
That advent calendar is so cool!! Love it!!!
I love the advent calendar! So cheerful and bright.
thought i would leave a post...love your produts and i love the ideas that you have posted...I also noticed the design team members for 2007...would love to find out some info on them and your company...send me an email, i would love to do a story on you guys...wendy
I just love that Christmas canvas! So beautiful!
Oooh, I love Lisa's bottlecap tree... how adorable!!
Very cool advent calendar!!! beats the choclotae things.
Looking forward to seeing more projects from the Design Team!!!! Congrats ladies!!!
WOOHOO! Why did I just find this blog? Can't wait to see more cool stuff!
Absolutely adore the bottlecap tree and the advent calendar. Great idea and can't wait to see more. Oh and great use of the chipboard to make a candle holder. Looking forward to seeing more inspiration.
These are really great ideas. Love that the MRDT will have this blog!
Love both projects!! Such clever ideas :):)
Hello from Calgary, ALberta!! First of all, love your stuff! I ordered the giant bottlecaps and love them totally! Great blog! If you ever get a chance come on by and check mine out!
Lynn
www.memoriesbylynn.blogspot.com
What wonderful Christmas ideas!! Gives me ideas on how I can alter it so that it's non-Christmas. So many ideas...so little time:)
beautiful project. thanks for sharing.
thanks for sharing your beautiful projects...very inspirational!
I LOVE that advent calendar! But I can't find bottlecaps anywhere!! :( Maybe next year...
Thanks for sharing all your awesome ideas! I know this is going to be a very inspiring blog page!
These are all such great projects. Have a great day!!
I love, love, love the advent calendar, it is so cute. I must go create, I am feeling the inspiration.
Lisa and Jess, these ideas are great! It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.
Fiona
x
Fab project ! Looking forward to seeing more inspiring work on this new blog !
Am loving all your ideas and can't wait to see more! How could you go wrong with M.R. products???
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Love Lisa's work, and the advent calendar is adorable, Jess!
I'm definitely going to try making the votive!
Just wanted to congratulate the new design team....LOVE the goodies you are doing with the products...keep em coming
Great projects! Looking forward to see more. Unfortunately the stores in my area don't carry MR products, I guess I will have to order online - those bottlecups are must have!
Maya OD
I love these projects! So cool that MR DT has started a blog. Can't wait to see all the awesome ideas!
those are all beautiful projects - love the advent calendar
Wonderful wonderful stuff. I will be stalking this blog to see what wildly creative stuff you all come up with.
Love the altered canvas! Saving that to try.
I looooove the tree and cannot wait to make some for gifts! (and one for us, too, of course!) :-)
wow! awsome work from the talented DT here...will be lifting some of those ideas for sure!!!
The bottle cap tree on the canvas is just too cute.
Just LOVE Lisa's Bottlecap TREE...trully gorgeous
Wow, awesome projects. Can't wait to see more!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home